Aggressive, Compassionate, Award Winning
Todd J. Zimmer, Esq.
About Todd J. Zimmer
Todd J. Zimmer, Esq. is the founding and managing partner of Zimmer, Mathiesen & Associates. Mr. Zimmer has extensive experience in the matrimonial and family law field, as he has been in the practice of law for twenty-five (25) years. Commencing shortly after his admission as an attorney within the State of New York and the Federal Courts, he has practiced exclusively in the areas of Matrimonial and Family Law.
Not only does Mr. Zimmer zealously advocate for clients in divorce and family court settlement negotiations, he also has extensive trial practice, as well as Appellate practice on matters that simply cannot be resolved amicably. Mr. Zimmer is an advocate for those in need and due to his hard work in this area, has been honored with a special recognition award from the Long Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence for his efforts in protecting the rights of battered and abused spouses. He has also received a Citation from the Islip Town Board and Suffolk County Executive Robert Gaffney for his work in the area of matrimonial and family law.
Mr. Zimmer is also an active member of the New York State Bar Association Family Law Committee, Suffolk County Bar Association Family Law Committee and the Matrimonial Bar Association of Suffolk County. In addition, he authored the book “Divorce and You” which was published in 1998 by Jarrett Publishing Company and distributed across the country.
Todd J. Zimmer, Esq. won “Best Divorce Attorney” in the Long Island Press as part of their “Best of Long Island” contest/vote in 2008 and 2009. There were a dozen well known and respected nominees in this category. He was humbled to be nominated again in 2017, 2018, 2019 for “Best Divorce Attorney” by the Long Island Press, “Best of Long Island”.
Mr. Zimmer has years of experience and his dedication to the matrimonial and family law field and he takes pride in representing each and every client zealously. The waiting room and several online review sites contain hundreds of complimentary notes from former clients stating that they were fully satisfied with their level of representation and the care and compassion shown to them by Mr. Zimmer and the staff at Zimmer, Mathiesen and Associates.
Honors & Publications:
- Avvo rated 10.0, highest rating Superb by Avvo.com
- Nominated Best Divorce Lawyer by Best Of Long Island 2017, 2018, 2019
- Lawyers of Distinction Award for Top 100 Family Law attorneys in New York
- Awarded 10 Best-Attorney Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2018
- Endorsed by the Suffolk County Court Officers Association
- Award in Recognition for Commitment to ending Domestic Violence, Suffolk County Coalition against Domestic Violence
- Proclamation of Recognition for Work in Domestic Abuse, Nassau County Executive Issued
- Proclamation, 2012
- Best Divorce Lawyer, Best of Long Island – Long Island Press, 2010
- Best Divorce Lawyer, Best of Long Island – Long Island Press, 2009
- Divorce and You, Jarrett Publishing Company, 1998
- Certified Family Mediator, Haynes Divorce Mediation Training Institute, 1998
- Certificate of Appreciation, 1998
- Annual Special Recognition Award of the LIWCADV, Long Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 1997
- Legislative Citation of Recognition, Town of Islip, 1997
- Proclamation of Special Recognition, Suffolk County Executive Robert J. Gaffney, 1997
- United States Supreme Court, 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1997
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1997
- New York State, 1993
- SUNY Oneonta Foundation Board of Directors, Director, 2014-Present
- Suffolk County Bar Association, 1990-Present
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1993-Present
- Suffolk County Matrimonial Lawyers Association, Distinguished Member, 1996-Present
- Suffolk County Bar Association Matrimonial & Family Law Committee, Member, 1997-Present
- Long Island Women’s Coalition, Inc., Honorary Board Member, 1997-Present
- VIBS Family Violence & Rape Crisis Center, Member, 1998-2001
FREE Divorce Case Evaluation
A FIERCE AND POWERFUL ADVOCATE…
Going through a divorce is an emotional and difficult journey. Before hiring Todd Zimmer, I consulted three other attorneys. Not until I met with Todd did I feel confident to start the process. Not only Todd, but every attorney and every staff member in his office, treated me with patience, understanding, and respect throughout the entire process, and especially during the times when I was emotionally distraught and most vulnerable. The reason I chose and retained Zimmer, Mathiesen and Associates is because, after consulting with Todd Zimmer, I believed he would vigorously fight for my rights while maintaining a calm demeanor and always acting in my best interests, as well as in the best interests of my family. Fortunately, I was completely correct in my assessment…